Nothing beats vegetables cooked in some way and serving them with a rice, quinoa, or pasta base. So filling, so warm, so simple! I eat a mash up of ingredients in this fashion maybe three times a week. Therefore, this type of meal is a staple in my life and I love to switch up the base and toppings every time I eat it. I have a recipe you need to add to your weekly cooking plan! I hit the jackpot on this creative and tasty meal, plus – I kept track of the recipe so you can make it too.
I picked up a new harvest grains blend from Trader Joe’s that is really similar to the Celebrating the Chef Quinoa + Couscous Medley, which I love. I may love this stuff even more since it’s cheaper! Follow the recipe below to see how I used this grain base!
Vegetarian + Soy Free Goodness Bowl
WHAT YOU’LL NEED
- 1 cup of TJ’s Harvest Grains blend (or any grain base really!)
- 1 head of chopped broccoli
- 1/2 orange pepper, sliced thin
- 1-2 cups of de-stemmed kale (I love greens so I use a ton)
- 1/2 cup of northern beans
- 1 tbsp of curry powder
- 1 tbsp of minced garlic
- 1 tsp of salt
- 1 tsp of ground coriander
- 1 tbsp of lime juice
- 1/2 tbsp of lemon juice
- 1/2 tbsp of butter for grains blend
*may need more salt for taste, optional sesame seeds for slight crunchiness*
- Coat pan with oil and begin sautéing garlic and chopped broccoli. At this time, also begin boiling water in a separate pot for grain mixture.
- Add in all spices to really season the broccoli, as the flavors will spend the most time getting cooked into this hearty vegetable which takes the longest to cook to completion. Add in beans, peppers, kale, lemon and lime juices.
- Let all of this simmer for 10-15 minutes so softness and even a little bit of crisping occurs.
- Once grains mixture is done cooking, add in a pinch of salt and butter to it. Place mixture in bowl first, topping with the vegetables. As simple as that!
If you make this recipe, feel free to share on Instagram by tagging me @savoryservingswithsav or #savoryservingswithsav
Have a question about this recipe? Head on over to my contact page and fill out the form with the title of the recipe in the message section. Thank you!